2015年5月3日星期日

What I have learnt from writing the New Media analysis blogs

    
    
    My three essays of New Media analysis are respectively about the transaction rate of social media marketing, RTB advertising and online music in China. I went through a tough process to choose my topics. Because nowadays speaking of the Internet industry, there are countless heated themes. During this process I catched a glimpse of several new concepts that people discuss about fervently, such as the Internet of things, big data and social media marketing. In order to clarify the concepts that I write about in my essays, I also went through lots of related articles. 
  However, I find that although most of the articles include very detailed data and complicated charts, they can only be called reports but not analysis. That is why I find writing new media analysis so difficult, because you not only need to explain what can you find from the data, but also have to give suggestions about what to do next. This requires the writer to understand the whole picture of the Internet industry and also to be expert in the specific aspect that he is writing about. Although the essays I write are still pretty shallow, I have got the idea about what kind of analysis I would like to see as a reader.
    Talking about promoting and articles, I tried to share my articles to the social media such as Weibo and Wechat but find that people rarely click to check the whole article. However, I find it rather difficult to attract people to read what I have written. I think one of the reasons is that nowadays, people’s attention span is unprecedentedly short, and most of them are usually attracted by the amazing pictures and entertaining news.
    Therefore, after this practice I come up with several thoughts about how to promote the writings and ideas. Firstly, while the logical of the writing has to be clear, it is better to adopt a lively style, because nowadays nobody is willing to read a long and dull article. This requires the blogger to clarify the concepts and systems first and then explain all the things in a simple way to the readers. Secondly, it is very important to choose an attractive topic and a special angel, because there are too many columns and blogs writing about Internet analysis. You cannot stand out unless all of this uniqueness could be concluded as an interesting title to catch people’s eye immediately. At last, sharing the articles by social media is an efficient way to spread what you have written about. One of the keys for successfully promoting is to find the tipping point. That means firstly you have to share your article to a person who has strong social network and significant influence upon others, so that more and more people can help share your ideas.



没有评论:

发表评论